Certification of Title – Benefits of Registration of Title
Is oth linn a rá nach bhfuil an leagan Gaeilge ar fáil fós.
- State guarantee
- Simple forms of transfer
- No repetitive investigations of title
- No provision required to be made for custody of title deeds
- No searching required to ascertain the whereabouts of original title documents
- Clear property descriptions based on an Ordnance Survey Map
- Purchasers can accept the title offered
- The additional advantages of registered title available through our online service, landdirect.ie, through which one can search and inspect folios and title plans.
The Form 3 procedure [Rule 19(3) of theLand Registry Rules 2012]:
If you have registered or closed a recent conveyance/assignment on sale, where the consideration is less than €1,000,000 you are urged to consider availing of the modified form of application for first registration of title in LR Form 3 of the Land Registration Rules.
If you can vouch for the title of the purchaser then you can use the modified form of First Registration and lodge
- Form 3 containing all paragraphs as prescribed in the Land Registration Rules 2012 [S.I. 483 of 2012].
- The original Deed of Conveyance/Assignment on sale [together with a attested/certified copy of the lease if leasehold]
- Original Map or plan of the property acceptable for registration purposes (see the Mapping Guidelines section for more detail)
- LR Form 17
- Fee of €130.
Note : The prior title should not be lodged in these cases.
Situations in which Form 3 may not be appropriate:
- Where the title is based on a voluntary conveyance/assignment or assent on death.
- Where any part of the prior title is based on possession
- Where the conveyance/assignment is over 5 years old
- Where the title is subject to any unexplained rents or covenants.
- Where superior, intermediate or lower estates or interest have been acquired and merger or forfeiture is claimed.
- Where the interest being conveyed/assigned is lessee’s interest under a renewable Lease.
- Where the property being conveyed or assigned forms portion of property comprised in a Fee Farm Grant or Lease in respect of which it is stated that rent has been apportioned.
- Where a step in prior title is impossible or erroneous.
- The Form 3 procedure is not appropriate if the solicitor who makes the Form 3 has a beneficial interest in the property
Fast Track Process
The Land Registry will fast track all such applications.