Recent news and updates
COVID 19- Information on PRA Services – Update 6th July 2020 The PRA continues to make progress in line with the Government Return to Work Safely Protocol:
• Our Customer Support Unit is now available for telephone enquiries at 0761 001610 or 051 303000 and continues to be available at email@example.com.
• Plain copy orders of Memorials/ROD Applications are now being processed by the Registry of Deeds.
• All our electronic services continue to be available online at landdirect.ie
• Applications can be lodged as usual through the post or DX
• Our public offices remain closed at present as we are currently working to make all of our public counter areas safe for both customers and staff. A date for re-opening will be confirmed in due course.
We apologise for any inconvenience being experienced and thank all our customers and staff most sincerely for their ongoing cooperation.
Registry of Deeds reopening The Registry of Deeds will reopen to the public from the 10th of August with new access procedures in place. Read More.
PRA Annual Report The PRA Annual Report for 2019 is now available and can be viewed here.
Registry of Deeds Blog number 3 - Daring Daylight Raid at the Registry of Deeds In this blog we will journey back to 1920 to discover the events that led to the raid on the Registry of Deeds, learn how the raid was planned and how it all unfolded. The sources used to reconstruct this story include contemporary newspaper accounts from papers such as Irish Times, Evening Herald, Belfast Newsletter as well as witness statements from the participants from the Bureau of Military History published by the Military Archives. < Read More.
Property Alert Service
The Property Alert Service is a free service available to all. Property is usually the most valuable asset people own. It can be sold and mortgaged to raise money and can therefore be an attractive target for fraudsters. The PRA have introduced the Property Alert Service in order to help deter and detect potential property fraud. Read More.
The Property Registration Authority (PRA) is the State organisation responsible for the registration of property transactions in Ireland. Our role is to provide a system of registration of title (ownership) to land, which is comprehensive and readily accessible. The PRA manages and controls the Land Registry and the Registry of Deeds and also operates the Ground Rents Purchase Scheme. Read more
The Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015 (effective date 1st September 2015) is designed to provide information to the public about lobbying of designated public officials on specific policy, legislative matters or prospective decisions. See more