We would like to remind customers of the PRA’s policy in relation to the rejection of dealings. Currently we find that approximately 15% of applications lodged for registration are rejected. A list of Reasons for Rejection is outlined below and in order to further assist you in ensuring that applications are correctly presented for registration, we have produced the following short video.
This video covers the main reasons why an application is rejected.
REASONS FOR REJECTION
Updated 07 May 2018,
An application will be rejected if it contains any one or more of the grounds listed below:
- Necessary documents required for registration have not been lodged (e.g. deed of transfer, leases etc.).
- A defect or omission preventing registration that requires a deed to be amended and reexecuted.
- The deed is not properly executed or properly attested.
- Incorrect folio and county references are quoted in the operative clause of a deed or in an assent.
- The prescribed fees are not lodged.
Applications should not be rejected on the sole basis of insufficient fees lodged.
- No Stamp certificate or other evidence of revenue stamping is lodged
1) The stamp certificate security number does not correspond with the security number entered on the form 17.
2) The date of execution of the deed on the stamp certificate does not correspond with the date on the relevant deed.
3) The relevant folio number is not inserted on the stamp certificate.
4) The folio number quoted on the stamp certificate does not correspond with the folio number on the relevant deed.
- A transmission application predates the date of an assent.
- An assent/application is incomplete in a transmission.
- The shares, in which tenancies in common are to be held, are not stated in the deed, or otherwise in the application.
- On lodgement of an application for registration of an easement as a single application, no assent to its registration is included.
- A residential charge lodged on or after the 1st of December 2009 is not in the correct format.
- The jurat to an affidavit has not been completed.
- A map is required, and none has been lodged either with the current dealing, or in an earlier application.
- The map lodged is not acceptable for registration
- The affidavit lodged does not comply with Form 1/Form 2/Form 3/Form 5/Form 6/Form 68 of the LR Rules 2012.
- Application under the Form 3 procedure is not appropriate in the circumstances of the case and therefore an application is required to be lodged in Form 1/2 of the LR Rules 2012.