Property Registration Authority public counter reopened – changes to onsite access
The Chancery Street public counter reopened for advanced bookings on the 1st of March 2022.
The Property Registration Authority has changed the access procedures to our public counters. These protocols are in place to ensure the efficient use of resources and that your visit is as safe as possible for you and for our staff. All persons attending the public counter are subject to these procedures.
Our Roscommon and Waterford public counters opened for advanced booking from the 15th of March.
Before booking an appointment
Before booking an appointment, please note the following services that may help you without the need to attend the public counter:
If you are physically lodging an application you do not require an appointment, we have a drop box available at our Chancery Street office, 7 Chancery Street, Dublin 7, D07 T652, from 10 am to 4 pm. This service will also be available in Waterford and Roscommon in due course.
If your query is in relation to a current folio or map record you can use our online services available at www.landdrect.ie, to view the map record and other digital folios, you can also email email@example.com with any further queries.
If your query relates to the status of an application you have the following options:
- Landdirect account holders can log on here to check the status,
- Non-account holders can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
If your query relates to application requirements you may wish to refer to our Practice Directions on this site, however we are not an advisory body and cannot offer specific advice, for such cases we recommend that you speak to your solicitor.
If you require a copy instrument: landdirect account holders can apply here. Non-account holders can apply for a copy instrument by sending a request to Property Registration Authority, 7 Chancery Street, Dublin 7, D07 T652 with the accompanying €40 fee.
If you are applying for a copy folio, map, or any other mapping products you can order them on www.landdirect.ie
For all other queries we recommend you email email@example.com
Booking an appointment
If after reviewing the options above you wish to visit our public counter you can make an appointment. Appointments must be reserved in advance via our online booking system. You will be asked to specify the folio number your query relates to.
There are currently four types of appointments available:
- Folio queries
- Mapping queries
- Ground Rents queries / payment of purchase monies only
- Other queries including Registry of Deeds registrations
Our opening hours are between 10.00 and 16.00.
Appointments are available every hour. The last appointment available is 15:00.
Arriving at the Property Registration Authority public counter
Visitors will be asked to confirm their booking at reception upon arrival.
Face masks are no longer mandatory to attend our public counters.
COVID-19 is still with us and there are critical components which still require our collective response:
- Do not attend a public counter if you are symptomatic (even if you are fully vaccinated and boosted) or if you are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Continue to follow good hand and respiratory hygiene, and use hand sanitisers provided.
- Continue to manage risk for yourself and others who are more vulnerable. The continued wearing of masks is recommended.
- The PRA will continue to support and facilitate the use of face masks by staff and visitors who wish to use them.