Form 3 Checklist
All Form 3 applications must be lodged to our Waterford Office.
Applications for first registration of a conveyance, lease or assignment on sale, where the consideration is less than €1,000,000 and they are permitted to be the subject of a Form 3 First Registration procedure. See Practice Directions for more information on cases that can be lodged using the Form 3 procedure.
Below is a presentation on First Registration Form 3 from a recent information event. Providing Practical information to assist in the preparation of applications for First Registration in Form 3 for lodgement in the Property Registration Authority to enable successful registration.
Document Required – Form 17 and Fees
Document Required – Form 3
- Form 3 must contain all paragraphs as prescribed in the current Land Registry Rules.
- The Form 3 must be dated within one month of lodgement and signed by the certifying solicitor.
Documents Required – Title documents
The subject of the Form 3 application is a Deed of Conveyance on Sale:
- You must lodge an original Deed of Conveyance on Sale.
- If the title relates to a Fee Farm Grant you must lodge the original or an attested copy of same.
- If there is indemnity, apportionment or adjustment re the rent, you must lodge the original or attested copy of the relevant deed
The subject of the Form 3 is a Lease or a Deed of Assignment on Sale:
- You must lodge an Original Deed of Assignment on Sale.
- You must lodge the original or attested copy of the head lease.
- If there is indemnity, apportionment or adjustment re the rent, you must lodge the original or attested copy of the relevant deed.
Document Required – Map
- The Map must be acceptable for registration purposes.
- Where the application is for a multistorey registration, a location map in addition to a floor plan of the property must be lodged.
- If the original conveyance/assignment refers to a map attached on an earlier deed, you must lodge a certified copy of said deed evidencing a colour copy of the said map.
Documents Required – All other appropriate documents, these may include:
- The original mortgage.
- An attested copy of any prior deed which created a burden to which the title is subject under Section 69 of the Registration of Title Act 1964.
- The consent of the registered owner of the freehold and superior leasehold Folio, subject to the lease (if any), to the registration as a burden of the lease thereon.
Please note the following:
Any ambiguity throughout the documentation will have to be queried by the PRA. The effect of the deed should be clear and unambiguous. Please also ensure consistency across the documentation in such things as the spelling of names and addresses, Folio numbers and property descriptions. You may wish to pre-empt a query by explaining any discrepancies (e.g. maiden names/married names, etc.).