New eRegistration services are now available
The Property Registration Authority released its new range of eRegistration services in late 2013. The system allows practitioners to interact with the Land Registry database and generate documents which are subsequently lodged for registration. Initially users can create Deeds of Transfer. Other applications will be added in 2014, including Charges, Transmissions and Priority Entries.
Features of the system include:
- Direct access to Land Registry data inc. mapping detail, address of property, names of owners etc. Data is incorporated into registration documents.
- Preview of documents created in real time which can be securely circulated to other parties.
- Electronic correspondence from PRA including notifications to issue to appropriate parties at key points in transaction i.e. lodgement and final status.
- Fees payable by Variable Direct Debit.
- Web services to allow for direct interaction with legal Case Management Systems.
While the documents are generated in an electronic environment it is still a requirement to lodge the signed hard copy deeds. However the system has been designed to progress to a digitally signed electronic documents solution when the necessary legal changes are introduced and a suitable digital signature solution is available.
During 2013, the PRA hosted a number of seminars demonstrating the eRegistration system which were attended by more than 350 practitioners. Feedback has been very positive and a number of practices have already signed up and are beginning use the system.
The PRA, in conjunction with the Law Society’s eConveyancing Project, is planning to conduct more of these sessions in 2014. If your Bar Association is interested in hosting a seminar or if you are looking for further details on eRegistration, then please contact us at email@example.com.
If you wish to sign up for eRegistration services, application forms are available on www.eregistration.ie by clicking on eRegistration and accessing Account Administration.
Published 5 February 2014